Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Official Name Change...

Little Miss has officially been renamed Little Miss Stubborn.  Actually I shouldn't say that because I know it's not just her that is being stubborn; apparently my body it being stubborn too. I went back to the doctor today and after checking her movement and heart rate she checked my progress...or lack there of.  There has been no change since last week.  I am still dilated to 1cm and not thinned as much as she wants.  Have I mentioned that yesterday was my due date?  Yeah.  My doctor is a pretty firm believer in not inducing right away and I agree with her.  She said that waiting a week after the due date will most likely give me enough time to go into labor by myself. So, we are set to induce next Monday the 14th if Little Miss hasn't arrived yet.  I will go back to the doctor on Friday to see if everything is on track and make sure there is progress.  Depending on what we find she will decide if I need to go in Sunday night or Monday morning.  Until then, we just keep waiting...and waiting.  


I also feel that my last week of work should be documented as it was a pretty crazy week.  It started out on Monday with Halloween.  That's always a crazy day for a teacher.  Then Tuesday we got a new Principal at school- plus all the sugared up kids from the night before.  Wednesday we had district walk-throughs (where the Superintendent and some of the other higher-ups from Admin come and observe my teaching, then give me a rating that basically goes on my permanent record-all in about 15 minutes).  I did really well on that I must say.  Even with STILL sugared up kids.  Thursday and Friday were filled with finishing up sub plans and everything that goes with finishing up a 6 weeks.  May not sound like much but gracious, was it a crazy busy week.  And that doesn't even count the evening field trip to the college basketball game that I skipped out on to go to a baby class.  


Not much else to report.  I can't give you an update on what Little Miss is doing this week because, well, babycenter.com doesn't go past 40 weeks. :)


Until Friday!

1 comments:

Michelle said...

Hang in there! Use your time off to get some rest. She'll be here before you know it!